Pages

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

A Passion for Sewing.

Last Sunday "This Side Of The Island" was featured in the local newspaper, The Borneo Post. An exciting event for me and another step forward in my passion for sewing and everything I love about handmade.




I've always loved the creative nature of being able to make something from nothing and seeing it come to life so to speak. The first drawing of an idea and the sometimes difficult task to measure and draft that plan out. A few trials and errors and if the first "paper" bag works out it should pretty much fall into place. I hope ;)


Sewing from an idea and getting inspiration from my beautiful stash of fabrics, which is slowly growing and drawing from discussions with my "co-designer", my daughter, Ashley and we begin from there... one step at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...